- Type of meal: Appetizer/Side dish
- Season: Any season
- Diet restrictions: Vegan
- Number of servings: uncountable (you can easily store in the fridge for some days)
- Tahini (see additional info) 50 Gr
- Dry chickpeas 500 Gr
- Lemon juice 1 pieces
- Olive oil 40 ML
- Aquafaba (chickpea liquid) 40 ML
- Spices –
- Garlic cloves 4
- Put dry chickpeas in a bowl and put a lot of water in it (1:3 chickpeas in water). Leave overnight to soak. Drain the water and wash them with new water and put them to cook in the new water for at least 1 hour, or until they are nice and soft
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini, olive oil, aquafaba, chickpeas, garlic and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 1 minute more.
- Add spices and blend more until it’s nice and creamy.
- Homade tahini: toast sesame seeds in a pan, put the seats in a bowl, add olive oil and blend until is is nice and creamy.