- Type of meal: Flat Bread
- Season: Any season
- Diet restrictions: Vegan
- Number of servings: 4 people
- Flour 150 gr
- Oil (olive, sunflower) 3 Tablespoons
- Warm water 60 ml
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients together and form a dough. If the dough is too dry add a little more water.
- When you’ve got a big lump of smooth dough, split it into four balls.Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and place the first ball on it.
- Press down on the ball with your hands, turn it around and press again until the dough is fairly flat
- Then use a rolling pin or equivalent to flatten the dough into a thin circle, roughly the size of a frisbee.
- To the cooking: the key to a tasty tortilla that stays soft is cooking quickly and at a high heat. Get a large pan and turn the heat up. You don’t need any kind of oil or fat or spray for this. When the pan is ready to go, throw in your first tortilla. 30 seconds per side should be enough – brown spots are a good indicator that it’s cooked but not burning. When you’ve done both sides take the tortilla out of the pan and pop it on a plate.