- Country of origin: Italy, Puglia
- Type of Meal: Snack, Aperitif
- Season: Any season
- Diet restrictions: Vegan
- Number of servings: 10
- 550g of plain flour
- 10g of fine sea salt, as needed
- 120g of extra virgin olive oil
- 200g of dry white wine
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the oil, and after the wine in a thin stream while stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir it till you have a homogenous dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes on a floured working surface until it is smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into small pieces – around 15g – and roll them out to ropes about ½-cm thick. Form circles by joining the ends and pressing them lightly together.
- Transfer them to baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Let them rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Boil water in a large pot and drop. Drop a batch of Taralli and boil them until they come to the surface. Take them out with a slotted spoon and put them on a surface covered with a kitchen towel to dry.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Arrange the Taralli on the baking sheets lined with parchment. Bake them for about 40 minutes, or until they are deeply golden.
- Take them out of the oven, let them entirely cool down and store them in an airtight container.