AIAB Umbria is looking for 2 European Solidarity Corps volunteers to support the staff in their activities to raise awareness on the importance of organic farming in sustainable development.
AIAB Umbria is the regional department of AIAB, the Italian Association for Organic Farming, that works for the political and cultural representation of the organic sector; makes design and consultancy activity; promotes organic farming through information activities (campaigns, conferences and seminars). AIAB Umbria brings together local organic farmers and conscious consumers in order to build resilient communities, to increase local economies and social cohesion. The main activities are creating short supply chains, training for farmers and citizens of any age.
Where: Corciano, Italy
When: 1 volunteer from mid-March/beginning of April 2023, 1 volunteer from May 2023, both for 8 months
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers resident in EU member states or Ukraine
Hosting Organisation: Website – Facebook page
Applications deadline: as soon as possible
The volunteer will support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Organisation and distribution of organic products in GODO, (“Offer and Demand Organisation Group”), a centre that makes local organic producers and citizens match their needs
- Networking with local producers
- Communication and promotion of the activities and projects of the association.
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; the volunteer will have health insurance, pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course in presence once a week for 2 months, for a total of about 20 hours; they will also have access to the Online Language Course by the European Commission throughout the whole service. Accommodation will be in La Buona Terra school farm, where Associazione Kora is based, and it will vary according to the season: in the hot months volunteers will share tiny wooden houses with another volunteer that work in another organisation, and the tiny house will only act as bedroom, while all other services will be in other buildings. The farm is also equipped with kitchen, bathrooms, toilets, wi-fi, washing machine. Food will mostly be vegan and vegetarian for environmental reasons, and an opportunity to discover more about Italian and Mediterranean tradition. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more).
The volunteers will have to walk around 20 minutes before taking public transports that will bring them to their place of activities. Volunteers will have a travel card paid by the project, in order to go from their accommodation to their place of activities.
Volunteers will have to walk around 20 minutes downhill before taking public transports for another 15 minutes to the work place. The way back takes longer than 20 minutes as it is uphill. The itinerary is partially included in working hours.
The volunteer will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the coordinator of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in EU member states or Ukraine
- Basic level in English
- Basic or good level in Italian is highly appreciated, and a strong motivation to learn it is required, as it will make it much easier to communicate with the GODO members and other locals. The volunteers’ coworkers speak English and they can support you at the beginning
- Ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 20 minutes on foot
- Good time management, flexibility, patience, open-mindedness, team-work
- Previous education and working experiences in the described activities are welcome but not necessary
- Driving license is welcome but not necessary
How to apply:
- Send your CV with picture to [email protected], writing “Application for AIAB” in the object of the email
- Fill in this online form.
Deadline to apply is as soon as possible. Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Infos and questions: [email protected]