Associazione Kora is currently looking for 16 volunteers that will support the staff members in farm activities. Volunteering teams can also include Italian participants and former EVS/ESC short and long term participants.
Where: Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy
When: from 14 February to 30 March 2o22 (arrival and departure days included)
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers resident in EU member states, Italy included
Hosting Organisation: http://www.associazionekora.it, https://www.facebook.com/associazionekora/
Applications deadline: 16 January 2022
Associazione Kora was founded in August 2015 to promote environmental, intercultural and social awareness through projects for young people. Kora coordinates non-formal education projects with Erasmus + and with the European Solidarity Corps, such as training courses, youth exchanges and volunteering projects on various topics in Europe, Southeast Asia and Latin America.
It is based on La Buona Terra school farm, the first educational farm in Italy, with over 30 years of experience in working with children, young people and adults of all ages. La Buona Terra produces organic olive oil, essential oils of various aromatic herbs, and offers environmental education for groups of all ages.
The volunteers will support Kora in the following tasks:
- Gardening and agriculture: preparing the space to realise a food forest, experiencing, learning and promoting self-production of food as a mean for sustainable living
- Renovation and maintenance of the spaces (wooden houses, benches, fences, common areas, conversion of barn to common space using eco-construction methods)
- Common cooking
- Non formal education activities about environmental issues, interculturality and social equality.
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; the volunteer will have health insurance, pocket money (5 € per day) and an Italian language course. Food will mostly be vegan and vegetarian for environmental reasons, and an opportunity to discover more about Italian and Mediterranean tradition. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more). The volunteer will be accommodated on the farm premises and will share the room with another volunteer of the same gender. The house is equipped with kitchen, bathrooms, toilets, wi-fi, washing machine.
The volunteer will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the coordinator of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take around 2 hours a week.
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in EU member countries
- Interested in learning Italian
- Ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 20 minutes on foot
- Good time management, flexibility, patience, open-mindedness, team-work
- Basic level in English
- Previous education and working experiences in the described activities are welcome but not necessary
- Driving license is welcome but not necessary
- Covid measures: currently the Italian law requires the “green pass” to participate in public life and work. The green pass can be received with proof of vaccination or proof of recovery from covid (more information at this link: https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/ITA/6001)
- Adhere to COVID measure set in place by the Italian government (including keeping the green pass updated as required) and Kora’s own policies set in place, which may vary based on the current Covid situation.
Please note that Kora and La Buona Terra’s main priorities are sharing life in a rural intercultural context, including responsible work and mature behaviour. While we welcome any kind of diversity with open arms and actively support everybody’s personal growth, we are not the appropriate context for laziness, immature attitude or spiritual ceremonies.
How to apply:
- Fill the online form below before 16 January 2022
- Send your CV with picture to [email protected], writing “Application for Kora team” in the object of the mail.
The pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Infos and questions: [email protected]