AIAB Umbria is currently looking for 2 volunteers that will support the staff members in their activities for raising awareness on organic farming.
AIAB Umbria is the regional department of AIAB, the Italian Association for Organic Farming, that works for the political and cultural representation of the organic sector; makes design and consultancy activity; gives training for companies and NGOs; promotes organic farming through information activities (campaigns, conferences and seminars).
Where: Corciano, Italy
When: from late May/beginning of June 2021 for 7 months (start date is flexible)
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers resident in EU member states
Hosting Organisation: Website – Facebook page
Applications deadline: April 11
The volunteer will support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Networking with local producers and NGOs
- Organisation and distribution of organic products
- Communication and promotion of the activities and projects of the association
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; the volunteer will have health insurance, pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Food will mostly be vegan and vegetarian for environmental reasons, and an opportunity to discover more about Italian and Mediterranean tradition. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more). The volunteer will be accommodated in a big house on the farm premises and will share the room with other volunteers that work in other organisations. The house is equipped with kitchen, bathrooms, toilets, wi-fi, washing machine. The volunteers will have to walk around 20 minutes before taking public transports that will bring them to their place of activities. Volunteers will have a travel card paid by the project, in order to go from their accommodation to their place of activities.
The volunteer will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the coordinator of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in EU member states
- Basic level in English
- Basic or good level in Italian is highly appreciated
- Ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 20 minutes on foot
- Good time management, flexibility, patience, open-mindedness, team-work
- Previous education and working experiences in the described activities are welcome but not necessary
- Driving license is welcome but not necessary
How to apply:
- Fill the online form below
- Send your CV with picture to [email protected], writing “Application for AIAB” in the object of the mail.
Deadline to apply is April 11. The pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Infos and questions: [email protected]