Associazione Kora is currently looking for 1 volunteer that will support the staff members in farm activities and workcamps.
Where: Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy
When: from September 2020 for 12 months
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers resident in EU member states
Hosting Organisation: https://www.associazionekora.it, https://www.facebook.com/associazionekora/
Applications deadline: August 16
Associazione Kora was founded in August 2015 to promote environmental, intercultural and social awareness through projects for young people. Kora coordinates non-formal education projects with Erasmus + and with the European Solidarity Corps, such as training courses, youth exchanges and volunteering projects on various topics in Europe, Southeast Asia and Latin America.
It is based on La Buona Terra school farm, the first educational farm in Italy, with over 30 years of experience in working with children, young people and adults of all ages. La Buona Terra produces organic olive oil, essential oils of various aromatic herbs, and offers environmental education for groups of all ages.
The volunteer will support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Gardening and agriculture: restoring medicinal herb garden, planting and maintaining the vegetable garden, learning and promoting self-production of food as a mean for sustainable living
- Renovation of the spaces (benches, fences, common areas, dormitory)
- Common cooking
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; the volunteer will have health insurance, pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more). The volunteer will be accommodated in a big house on the farm premises and will share the room with other volunteers. The house is equipped with kitchen, bathrooms, toilets, wi-fi, washing machine.
The volunteer will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the coordinator of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in EU member
- Interested in learning Italian
- Ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 20 minutes on foot
- Good time management, flexibility, patience, open-mindedness, team-work
- Basic level in English
- Previous education and working experiences in the described activities are welcome but not necessary
- Driving license is welcome but not necessary
How to apply:
Fill the online form below before August 16 and send your CV with picture to [email protected] writing “Application for Kora” in the object of the mail. The pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Infos and questions: [email protected]