Associazione Kora is currently looking for male volunteers (we already have several female candidates) for a 2 month ESC volunteering team project that will involve around 12 volunteers from different countries. It will be held in Norcia, Italy, one of the towns that was hit most heavily by the 2016 earthquake.
The project is the continuation of 6 EVS/ESC projects that Associazione Kora coordinated in Norcia in August-September 2017, February-April 2019, and every summer for two months in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 (more infos here).
The project is a volunteering team, meaning that it is also open to volunteers who are now living in Italy, and to participants that have already done short term and/or long term EVS/ESC projects.
Where: Norcia, Italy
When: 18 July – 18 September 2022, travel days included
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers resident in EU member countries
Deadline to apply: as soon as possible, urgently
NGO website: https://associazionekora.it
NGO Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/associazionekora
Project Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Europe4norcia/
Volunteers will work 35 hours per week, with 2 consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). Volunteers will support mainly one of the following activities:
- Activities with children, youth and elderly: English sessions, outdoor activities, artistic workshops, sports…
- Workshops with people with mental disabilities about arts, crafts, physical activity
- Logistic support during the evening public events for the local community (concerts, theatre shows…): setting the square, making sure that the audience respects the COVID restrictions
- Interviews with the locals and audio-video content creation about their experience with the earthquake and COVID, their daily life challenges and motivation
- Only for volunteers who speak Italian: cultural and linguistic mediation between the European volunteers and the local community, and Italian language non formal education sessions for the European volunteers.
Volunteers can also take part in different activities if they wish, but it’s important to give continuity, both for the beneficiaries to establish relationships and for the volunteers to develop skills.
All volunteers will also help in the organisation of summer events and festivals about traditional food, sport, art and music: their importance is fundamental as they bring the community together and provide opportunities of socialisation.
Volunteers will be accommodated in a container home, sharing rooms of 3/4 people. They will receive a food allowance in cash around mid-project in order to buy their lunch in local shops/supermarkets; breakfast will be provided by Associazione Kora and dinners will be eaten together in a local restaurant. Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have health insurance and pocket money (around 150 € a month). Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (20 € from 10 to 99 km distance, 180 € from 100 to 499 km, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more).
On arrival training, preparation and quarantine
Volunteers will spend their first week in Fattoria Scuola La Buona Terra, a farm in the countryside, where Associazione Kora is based.
Here volunteers will take part in an on-arrival training about Italian language, intercultural adaptation, community life, conflict management, sustainable living, and they will start planning the workshops for children and people with disabilities.
In the same period the farm will be hosting also long term and team volunteers from other European Solidarity Corps volunteers.
Volunteers will sleep in big camping tents, have meals with the others and respect the necessary preventive measures for the COVID-2019 containment, such as physical distancing and not going outside the farm premises.
The ideal profile of the volunteers matches the following criteria:
- 18 – 30 years old
- Resident in EU member countries and Ukraine
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- Strong motivation, adaptability and enthusiasm
- Experience with kids/youth/people with disabilities, and/or in events organisation, and/or in teaching English, and/or in journalism/social media management/photo/video
- Basic level of English
- Basic/good level in Italian is appreciated, even if not necessary
- Registered in European Solidarity Corps portal (if you haven’t registered yet, you can do it clicking here)
How to apply:
- Fill the online form below
- Send your CV with picture to [email protected], writing “Application for Norcia” in the object of the mail.
Deadline to apply is as soon as possible. Candidates may be contacted for an online interview.
Infos and questions: [email protected]