Associazione Kora is currently looking for two volunteers that will support the staff members in farm activities and group projects.
Where: Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy
When: from 7 February 2022 for 12 months
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers resident in EU member countries
Hosting Organisation: Website – Facebook page
Applications deadline: 16 January 2022
Associazione Kora was founded in August 2015 to promote environmental, intercultural and social awareness through projects for young people. Kora coordinates non-formal education projects with Erasmus + and with the European Solidarity Corps, such as training courses, youth exchanges and volunteering projects on various topics in Europe, Southeast Asia and Latin America.
It is based on La Buona Terra school farm, the first educational farm in Italy, with over 30 years of experience in working with children, young people and adults of all ages. La Buona Terra produces organic olive oil, essential oils of various aromatic herbs, and offers environmental education for groups of all ages.
The volunteer will mostly support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Leading non formal education activities
- Organising events for local youth and adults
- Administrative tasks
- Social media: managing Kora’s accounts and creating photo and video contents
Other tasks, that will take around 20% of the working hours, will be:
- Gardening and agriculture: restoring medicinal herb garden, planting and maintaining the vegetable garden, learning and promoting self-production of food as a mean for sustainable living, permaculture
- Practical/manual activities: maintenance, upcycling and renovation of the spaces (benches, fences, common areas, dormitory…)
The volunteer will be required to take part in common life tasks: cooking, keeping common spaces in order, cleaning, taking rubbish to recycling station, looking after vegetable garden, bringing wood for the heater, etc.
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; the volunteer will have health insurance, pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Food will mostly be vegan and vegetarian for environmental reasons, and an opportunity to discover more about Italian and Mediterranean tradition. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more). The volunteer will be accommodated on the farm premises and will share the room with another volunteer of the same gender. The house is equipped with kitchen, bathrooms, toilets, wi-fi, washing machine.
The volunteer will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the coordinator of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in EU member countries
- Interested in learning Italian
- Ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 20 minutes on foot
- Good time management, flexibility, patience, open-mindedness, team-work
- Basic level in English
- Previous education and working experiences in the described activities (especially graphics, communication, agro-industry knowledge) are welcome but not necessary
- Driving license is welcome but not necessary
- Covid measures: currently the Italian law requires the “green pass” to participate in public life and work. The green pass can be received with proof of vaccination or proof of recovery from covid (more information at this link: https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/ITA/6001)
- Adhere to COVID measure set in place by the Italian government (including keeping the green pass updated as required) and Kora’s own policies set in place, which may vary based on the current Covid situation.
How to apply:
- Fill the online form below
- Send your CV with picture to [email protected], writing “Application for Kora communication and groups” in the object of the mail.
Deadline to apply is January 16. The pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Infos and questions: [email protected]