Associazione Kora is currently looking for 16 volunteers that will support the staff members in farm activities for the volunteering team project “Green Gold”. Volunteering teams can also include Italian participants and former EVS/ESC short and long term participants.
Where: Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy
When: from 8 November to 20 December 2021 (arrival and departure days included)
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers resident in EU member states, Italy included
Hosting Organisation: https://www.associazionekora.it, https://www.facebook.com/associazionekora/
Applications deadline: 17 October 2021
Associazione Kora was founded in August 2015 to promote environmental, intercultural and social awareness through projects for young people. Kora coordinates non-formal education projects with Erasmus + and with the European Solidarity Corps, such as training courses, youth exchanges and volunteering projects on various topics in Europe, Southeast Asia and Latin America.
It is based on La Buona Terra school farm, the first educational farm in Italy, with over 30 years of experience in working with children, young people and adults of all ages. La Buona Terra produces organic olive oil, essential oils of various aromatic herbs, and offers environmental education for groups of all ages.
The volunteers will support Kora in the following tasks:
- Gardening and agriculture: restoring olive trees field, pruning and picking olives, cutting wood for the winter, experiencing, learning and promoting self-production of food as a mean for sustainable living
- Renovation and maintenance of the spaces (benches, fences, common areas, creation of areas for agri-camping)
- Common cooking
- Non formal education activities about olives and olive picking.
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; the volunteers will have health insurance and pocket money (5 euro per day). Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € in total from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more). The volunteers will be accommodated in shared dormitories in a big house on the farm premises.
The volunteers will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the coordinator of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process.
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in EU member country, Italy included
- Ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 20 minutes on foot
- Ready to share a room and common moments and spaces with other volunteers
- Good time management, flexibility, patience, open-mindedness, team-work
- Basic level in English
- Previous education and working experiences in the described activities are welcome but not necessary
- Driving license is welcome but not necessary
- We strongly recommend our volunteers to arrive with a full covid vaccination cycle: this will both keep other participants and the people living in the farm safer (including old and more fragile people), and allow volunteers to travel and explore the area without doing covid tests every time. The green pass is mandatory in Italy for most public transports, restaurants, bars, pubs, museums and similar.
Please note that Kora and La Buona Terra’s main priorities are sharing life in a rural intercultural context, including responsible work and mature behaviour. While we welcome any kind of diversity with open arms and actively support everybody’s personal growth, we are not the appropriate context for laziness, immature attitude or spiritual ceremonies.
How to apply:
- Fill the online form below before October 17
- Send your CV with picture to [email protected], writing “Application for Kora team” in the object of the mail.
The pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Infos and questions: [email protected]