Legambiente Lecco/Ostello Parco Monte Barro is currently looking for 2 volunteers that will support the staff members in their community with environmental sensitisation activities.
Where: Galbiate, Italy
When: from October 2020 for 6 months
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers resident in EU member states
Hosting Organisation: http://www.legambientelecco.it/it/, https://www.facebook.com/legambiente.lecco/
Eco-hostel: http://www.ostelloparcobarro.it/, https://www.facebook.com/ostelloparcobarro/
Applications deadline: August 23
Legambiente Lecco Onlus was founded in 1978 as an Environmental Defense Committee and joined a part of Legambiente in 1988, a non-profit environmental association that has over 370 local clubs, 20 regional committees and about 115,000 members. The group’s main commitment is to work to still maintain sustainable life in balance with the environment, of which man is an integrated part. They do so by several activities, that include safeguarding the biodiversity of ecosystems, campaigns, waste management development, promotion of legality and fighting eco-mafias, sensitisation events and festivals.
Since 2013, they manage Monte Barro Park Hostel, where they accommodate guests according to eco-tourism principles.
The volunteer will support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Non formal education activities to spread awareness about environmental topics
- Organisation of events and festivals about cultures, environment, migrations
- Organisation of local markets to reduce waste
- Decoration, upcycling and restauration of the hostel furnitures, also with schools
- Creation of materials (flyers, videos…) to spread awareness on sustainability, creative recycling, upcycling
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have health insurance, pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more). Volunteers will share a room in the eco-hostel, where they can cook their own meals. The food provided by the hosting organisation will be vegan and vegetarian, in order to provide a more sustainable experience also in terms of diet; other options can be bought by the volunteers and cooked in their kitchen.
Volunteers will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the responsible of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in EU member
- Interested in learning Italian
- Ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 30 minutes on foot
- Good time management, flexibility, patience, open-mindedness, team-work
- Basic level in English
- Previous education and working experiences in the described activities are welcome but not necessary
- Driving license is welcome but not necessary
How to apply:
Fill the online form below before August 23rd and send your CV with picture to [email protected] writing “Application for Legambiente” in the object of the mail. The pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Infos and questions: [email protected]