Associazione Kora is currently looking for ESC volunteers to work with people with mental disabilities.
Who: volunteers aged 18-30 from EU countries
When: from as soon as possible (October-November 2020) for one year
Where: Ciampino (Rome), Italy
Hosting Organisation: Comunità L’Arca – Il Chicco
Deadline to apply: as soon as possible
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have health insurance and pocket money (5 € per day). Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more). Volunteers will be accommodated in apartments that are located at walking distance from their working place, where privacy is guaranteed and where they can cook their own meals.
Volunteers will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the responsible of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
Unfortunately, due to the global pandemic of COVID-2019, we are unable to select candidates who can be considered in high-risk groups:
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- People who have serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised
- Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications
- People with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
- People with diabetes
- People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- People with liver disease
For safety reasons, the selected volunteers will have to make a COVID-19 test once arrived and wait for the result for a couple of days in a bed&breakfast close to the community. All costs will be covered by the hosting organisation.
How to apply:
Fill in the online form available clicking here and send your CV to [email protected] as soon as possible. The pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.