Associazione Kora is currently looking for partners to submit the youth exchange “Be Well Aware” by May deadline.
Where: Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy
When: Spring 2021
Duration: 8 days
Topic: The main purpose of this Youth Exchange is to spread awareness and understanding of people with mental illnesses and to promote mental health. Deficiencies in social education cause the exclusion of people with mental illnesses from social life. Prejudices, stereotypes and ignorance create a distance between people without and people with mental illnesses, so participants will be helped to gain skills on how to effectively help and include people with mental illnesses. During the Youth Exchange will be strategies acquired on how to ensure stable mental health.
– Broadening the participants’ knowledge in the field of mental illnesses. What mental illnesses do exist? How does it affect peoples’ life who suffer from mental illnesses? How can we help them in everyday life?
– Breaking the distance and prejudice in the relationship between people with and people without mental illnesses
– Intercultural integration
– Exchange of international experience in the field of promoting mental health
– Building mutual empathy
– Creation of actions that pay attention to the needs of people with mental illnesses
– Promoting mental health habits
Activities: Team building activities, debates, workshops and open spaces, non-formal education activities, visit to topic-related places and intercultural presentations.
Participants: 5 participants aged 18-30 from each of the 5 participating countries (including people who suffer(ed) from mental illnesses); 1 group leader for each of the 5 participating countries (36 people in total)
Accommodation: The Youth Exchange will take place on an olive farm in Passignano sul Trasimeno, 30 minutes by foot from the city center. The accommodation offers bedrooms, kitchen, dining room and rooms for activities. Moreover, there is a big green area all around the venue.
Venue of the Youth Exchange
- Be able to send 1 group leader + 5 participants (including people who suffer(ed) from mental illnesses) for the Youth Exchange in Spring 2021
- Be active in suggesting intercultural and non formal education activities
- Have experience in working with people with mental illnesses
- Be able to lead some activities during the Youth Exchange
To apply as a partner organisation, please fill in the application form available at this link before the 2nd of May.
Selected partners will be informed on the 3rd of May.