Where: Città della Pieve, Italy
When: from 1 August 2020 to 1 March 2021 (flexible dates)
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers resident in EU member states + Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey, United Kingdom; visa costs cannot be refunded
Hosting Organisation: Comunità di Etica Vivente, https://www.facebook.com/Comunita.diEticaVivente/
Applications deadline: as soon as possible
Comunità di Etica Vivente is currently looking for 2 volunteers that will support the staff members in their community with agriculture tasks through permaculture design and practices.
Comunità di Etica Vivente (Community of Living Ethics) is a spiritual intentional community founded in 1981 on the principles and values of psychosynthesis. It is a secular, cultural, non-profit association. The Community has always dedicated itself to the development of human
consciousness in the various fields of life, developing training courses on personal and groups growth and development for adults and children, based on the great spiritual teachings of the 20th century and on long years experience of group life. CEV is full member of GEN (Global Ecovillage Network) since 215 and of Rive (Italian Network of Ecological Villages) from 2017.
The volunteer will support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Work in Mediterranean permaculture/agriculture project and gardening: organic vegetable garden in summer and autumn, soil regeneration techniques, composting, fruit harvesting and transformation, olive picking and saffron harvest in October/November, green areas maintenance in the Community Gardens.
- Community’s CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), working with Permaculture professionals including Fabio Pinzi, one of the founders of the Italian Academy of Permaculture
- Participation in the projects MaestroOrto for permaculture training and education for community members and local farmers and CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
- Document the activities and learning progress through monthly reports, photo, audio and video documentation, which could be used to edit videoclips to be put on our youtube channels.
- Support in the kitchen for the preparation of dishes from Italian cuisine, Mediterranean and vegetarian, with organic products from the vegetable garden
- Supporting the organization of the international conference “Humanity and the Cosmos, our focus and challenge for the future” (October 2020)
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have health insurance, travel reimbursement (up until 275 €), pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Volunteers will share a room in an eco-house located in an eco-village, where privacy is guaranteed and where volunteers can cook their own meals.
Volunteers will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the responsible of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
Volunteers can walk to the nearby town, where they can find a grocery shop and public transport to reach other cities and attractions in Italy.
Volunteers will be asked to respect the life rules of the ecovillage, that include punctuality, no smoking in the whole area (indoor and outdoor), no alcohol abuse and no drugs.
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- 22-30 years old
- Resident in EU member states + Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey, United Kingdom; visa costs cannot be refunded
- Interested in learning Italian
- Ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 20 minutes on foot
- Curious to experiment life in a community and cooperation
- Good time management, flexibility, patience, open-mindedness, team-work
- Good level in English
- Previous education and working experiences in communication and media are welcome but not necessary
- Driving license is welcome but not necessary
- Skills in videomaking (shooting and editing) are welcome but not necessary
How to apply:
Fill the online form below as soon as possible and send your CV with picture at [email protected] writing “Application for permaculture” in the object of the mail. The pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Infos and questions: [email protected]