Where: Perugia, Italy
When: from 5 May to 3 July 2020 (2 months)
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers from Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states + Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; visa costs cannot be refunded)
Hosting Organisation: Dance Gallery
Hosting Organisation Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dancegalleryperugia/
Applications deadline: 15 March 2020
Dance Gallery is currently looking for 2 volunteers that will support the staff members in organising their summer activities.
Dance Gallery is a cultural association that organises dance workshops and festivals, and that aims at representing a healthy place where children and adults are guided towards dance and other wellness disciplines with joy and serenity.
The volunteers will support the staff in the following activities:
- Organisation of “Corpi Uscenti” dance festival and “Home” artistic residency project: communication, logistics, organisation, archive, photo/video documentation, social media
- Assisting the dance teachers in dance classes
- Integrating the existing workshops with dance sessions about the dance traditions of the country of origin
- Organising intercultural events for the local community
The volunteer will work for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with 2 consecutive free days free, plus 2 free days a month.
The volunteer will live in a flat, sharing a double room, together with other volunteers and living in an intercultural context.
Food and accommodation, Italian language course, health insurance and mentoring are covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more).
The volunteer will receive a monthly pocket money of 5 € a day and a food allowance of 120 € a month.
The ideal candidates match the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (from 1st April to 28 September 2020)
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states + Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; visa costs cannot be refunded)
- Experienced/interested in events organisation, communication, documentation
- Ready to live in an intercultural context
- Not having taken part in long term EVS or ESC projects (more than 59 days)
- Speaks basic English
- Speaking Italian is appreciated but not necessary to apply
To apply, fill the online form at this link by 15 March 2020 and send your CV with picture at [email protected] writing “ESC in Dance Gallery” as the object of the mail. Please notice that only applicants from the above mentioned countries will be considered.
The pre-selected candidates will be invited to a skype interview to be held on March 20th.