Associazione Kora is currently looking for 6 volunteers that will support the organisation in agriculture, gardening and renovation of a farm.
Where: Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy
When: 16 May – 5 June 2020 (21 days)
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers from Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states, including Italy, plus Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; visa costs cannot be refunded)
Hosting Organisation: Associazione Kora
Hosting Venue: Fattoria Scuola La Buona Terra
Applications deadline: 23 February 2020
Fattoria Scuola La Buona Terra is the first educational farm in Italy, with over 30 years experience in working with children, teenagers and adults of all ages. La Buona Terra offers mainly environmental education for a day residential groups of all ages, cooperatives, youth and private groups. Each year it hosts about 10,000 people mainly in spring, summer and autumn. Among these: Amnesty International, different associations (Joint, IDC, Kora, PECO…), summer camps for youngsters from abroad. Some do farm activities, others informal and non formal education activities, others are only given accommodation.
Activities: The volunteers will support the staff in the following activities:
- Gardening and agriculture: restoring medicinal herb garden, planting and maintaining the vegetable garden, learning and promoting self-production of food as a chore for sustainable living
- Renovation of the spaces (benches, fences, common areas)
- Common cooking
The volunteers will work for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with 2 consecutive free days free, plus 2 free days a month.
The volunteer will live in a big house in the farm, sleeping in shared rooms, cooking together and living in an intercultural context. The house is 20 minutes on foot from the town of Passignano, where you can find supermarkets, train station and all facilities.
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme; volunteers will have health insurance, travel reimbursement from their country up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more) and pocket money (5 € per day).
The ideal candidates match the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (from 16 May to 5 June)
- 18 – 30 years old
- Resident in an Erasmus+ programme country ((EU member states, including Italy, plus Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; notice visa costs cannot be refunded)
- Experienced/interested in agriculture, gardening, renovation
- Ready to live in an intercultural context
- Ready to live in a rural context
- Not having taken part in long term EVS or ESC projects (more than 59 days)
- Speaks basic English
- Speaking Italian is appreciated but not necessary to apply
To apply, fill the online form at this link by 23 February 2020 and send your CV with a picture at [email protected] writing “ESC in rebuilding a farm” as object of the mail. Please notice that only applicants from the above-mentioned countries will be considered.