Associazione Kora and Omphalos LGBTI are currently looking for 10 volunteers for a short term volunteering team project that will suppor the organisation of Umbria Pride. The project is part of a three years project, funded by the European Solidarity Corps programme of the European Commission, called “European Solidarity Voices”, and aiming at spreading awareness on the importance of volunteering.
Where: Perugia, Italy
When: 4 June to 4 July 2020
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers from Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states, including Italy, plus Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; visa costs cannot be refunded)
Deadline: 16 March 2020
Festival website: http://www.perugiapride.it/
Festival Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/umbriapride/
Omphalos LGBTI is a 25 years old association that acts as reference point for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex community in Perugia and Umbria. Omphalos works to support LGBTI rights for a more inclusive and welcoming region for all. It organises recreational and cultural evenings, free services such as a Listening Center, free HIV tests, a legal help desk, an anti-violence desk for lesbian and bisexual women, a documentation center and much more. Every June, Omphalos organises Perugia Pride, a festival that consists in a series of events leading to the final weekend that ends with a colourful march for LGBTI and minorities rights.
Activities: Volunteers will support the staff of the association in the following activities:
- Events organisation and logistics (workshops, talks, conferences, art and photo exhibitions, concerts, books presentations…)
- Decoration (painting, sculpting, decorating panels and trucks for the parade, makeup and costumes)
- Communication (graphics, flyers, website, social media)
- Photo and video documentation
Support: Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme; volunteers will have health insurance, travel reimbursement from their country will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more), pocket money (5 € per day) and Italian language sessions. Volunteers will be accommodated in the city, in a fully equipped flat or hosted by local families or volunteers, and they will share rooms. Volunteers will receive 150 € as food allowance to manage their own meals.
Volunteers’ profile The ideal profile matches the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (4 June – 4 July 2020)
- 18 – 30 years old
- Resident in an Erasmus+ programme country ((EU member states, including Italy, plus Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; notice visa costs cannot be refunded)
- Interested in LGBT+ topics, gender equality, minorities rights
- Strong motivation, adaptation and enthusiasm
- Experience in the activities and/or studies on the topics are welcome but not necessary
- Basic level of English
How to apply