Associazione Kora is currently looking for 2 volunteers for Comunità L’Arca – Il Chicco, that works with people with mental disabilities in Ciampino (Rome), Italy.
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers from Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states, +Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; visa costs cannot be refunded)
Where: Ciampino, Italy
Dates: 1st of April 2020 – 30th of December 2020
Hosting organisation website: http://www.larche-ilchicco.it/chicco_2015.html
Hosting organisation Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Associazione-Arca-Comunit%C3%A0-Il-Chicco-159844540708385/
Deadline to apply: 16th of February 2020
- Artistic workshops (ceramics, music, theatre…)
- Agriculture and gardening
- Recreational activities (games, walks, visits…)
- Keeping company to disabled people (watching a film, having a chat)
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have health insurance, travel reimbursement up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more), pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Volunteers will be accommodated in apartments that are located within walking distance from the hosting organisation, where privacy is guaranteed and where volunteers can cook their own meals.
Volunteers will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the responsible of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
- 18-30 years old
- residents from Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states+Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; visa costs cannot be refunded)
- Care and respect towards people with disabilities
- Basic English level
- Eager to learn Italian to communicate with people with disabilities
- Able to work in a team
- Past experiences with people with disabilities and related studies (psychology, sociology…) are welcome but not necessary
- For the specific nature of the project, and in order to keep the people with disabilities safe, volunteers must not have mental health issues, infectious diseases or criminal records. We will ask for health certificate and criminal records.
How to apply: