Associazione Kora and Circolo di Cultura Omosessuale Mario Mieli are currently looking for 10 volunteers for a short term volunteering team project. The project is part of a three years project, funded by the European Solidarity Corps programme of the European Commission, called “European Solidarity Voices”, and aiming at spreading awareness on the importance of volunteering.
Where: Rome, Italy
When: 20 May to 20 June 2020
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers from Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states, including Italy+Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; visa costs cannot be refunded)
Deadline: 29 February 2020
Festival website: https://www.romapride.it/
Festival Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RomaPride
Circolo di Cultura Omosessuale Mario Mieli is a 37 years old association that acts as a reference point for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex community in Rome and the whole of Italy. Circolo Mario Mieli works to support LGBTQI rights for a more inclusive and welcoming place for all. It organises recreational and cultural evenings, free services such as a Listening Center, a legal help desk, free HIV e Syphilis tests, migrants and trans services, a documentation center and much more. Every June, since 1994, Circolo Mario Mieli organises Roma Pride, the first one in Italy and one of the biggest in Europe. It is a ten days festival that consists of a series of events leading to the final weekend that ends with a colourful parade for LGBTQI people and rights in general, such as women, workers, migrants, disabled.
Volunteers will support the staff of the association in the following activities:
- Events organisation and logistics (workshops, talks, conferences, art and photo exhibitions, concerts, books presentations…)
- Welcome and care of the main hosts, also international ones
- Decoration (painting, sculpting, decorating panels and trucks for the parade, makeup and costumes, in collaboration with Muccassassina, the main weekly LGBT club night in Rome)
- Communication (graphics, flyers, website, social media)
- Photo and video documentation of events and parade
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme; volunteers will have health insurance, travel reimbursement from their country up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more), pocket money (5 € per day) and Italian language sessions.
Volunteers will be accommodated in the city, in a fully equipped flat or hosted by local families or volunteers, and they will share rooms.
Volunteers will receive 150 € as food allowance to manage their own meals.
The ideal profile matches the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (20 May – 20 June 2020)
- 18 – 30 years old
- Resident in an Erasmus+ programme country ((EU member states, including Italy++Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; notice visa costs cannot be refunded)
- Interested in LGBT+ topics, gender equality, minorities rights
- Strong motivation, adaptation and enthusiasm
- Experience in the activities and/or studies on the topics are welcome but not necessary
- Basic level of English
How to apply