Where: Magione, Italy
When: from 20 April to 18 December 2020
Who: 18-30 years old volunteers from Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states + Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; visa costs cannot be refunded)
Hosting Organisation: Società agricola biologica “Microcosmo”
Hosting Organisation Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/biomicrocosmo/
Applications deadline: 1 March 2020
Microcosmo is currently looking for 2 volunteers that will support the staff members in organic agriculture.
Microcosmo is a 1 hectare certified organic farm that produces about 60 species of vegetables in the open field and in a greenhouse. The company implements organic farming practices to create an environmentally harmonious setting, where external inputs are less and less necessary.
The volunteer will support the staff in the following activities:
- Agricultural tasks, following seasonal natural cycles: sowing in containers and in soil, transplanting, watering / irrigation and fertilization, treatments (with products allowed in organic agriculture and/or self-prepared), green pruning and topping, composting, preparation of flower beds with mulching and – where necessary with – supports, collection/washing/packaging, sales (mainly in the company, to joint purchasing groups, in two monthly markets, to school canteens and restaurants), maintenance of equipment and materials, reorganization of company spaces.
The volunteers will work for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with 2 consecutive free days free, plus 2 free days a month.
The volunteers will live in a big house in Passignano sul Trasimeno, sharing a double room, together with other volunteers and living in an intercultural context. The flat is at walking distance to grocery shop and public transports.
Food and accommodation, Italian language course, health insurance and mentoring are covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more).
The volunteer will receive a monthly pocket money of 5 € a day and a food allowance of 120 € a month.
The ideal candidates match the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (from 1st April to 26 November 2020)
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in one of the Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states + Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey; visa costs cannot be refunded)
- Experienced/interested in agriculture, gardening and environmental sensitization
- Ready to live in an intercultural context
- Ready to spend periods in a rural context
- Not having taken part in long term EVS or ESC projects (more than 59 days)
- Has driving license and feels comfortable in driving
- Speaks basic English
- Speaking Italian is appreciated but not necessary to apply
To apply, fill the online form at this link by 1 March 2020 and send your CV with picture at [email protected] writing “ESC in an organic farm” as the object of the mail. Please notice that only applicants from Erasmus+ programme countries will be considered.
The pre-selected candidates will be invited to a skype interview to be held on March 6.