Where: Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy
When: from as soon as possible, for 6 months
Who: one 18-30 years old male volunteer from Erasmus+ programme countries (EU member states + Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey, United Kingdom; visa costs cannot be refunded)
Hosting Organisation: Associazione Kora
Hosting Organisation Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/associazionekora/
Applications deadline: as soon as possible
Associazione Kora is currently looking for one male volunteer that will support the staff members in two main fields: agriculture and gardening.
Associazione Kora is a non-profit organisation based in Central Italy. Its main topics are environmental sensitisation, interculturality and social inclusion.
Activities: The association has its office in Passignano sul Trasimeno and organises several projects in collaboration with different local realities. The volunteer will support the staff in the following activities:
- Gardening and agriculture: maintaining the vegetable garden, experimenting new ways of urban gardening, learning and promoting self-production of food as a chore for sustainable living
- Youth projects and activities about food and environmental sensitisation
- Networking with other local realities about agriculture and gardening
The volunteer will work for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with 2 consecutive free days free, plus 2 free days a month.
The volunteer will live in a big house located in a farm in Passignano sul Trasimeno, on a hill with a breath-taking view on Trasimeno Lake. Volunteers sleep in shared rooms, cook together and live in an intercultural context. The house is 30 minutes walking from the town centre, with grocery shops and public transports.
Food and accommodation, Italian language course, health insurance and mentoring are covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a fixed amount (180 € from 100 to 499 km distance, 275 € from 500 km to 1999 km, 360 € if more).
The volunteer will receive a monthly pocket money of 5 € a day and a food allowance of 120 € a month.
The ideal candidates match the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (from as soon as possible for 6 months)
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in one of the EU member states + Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey, United Kingdom (please notice that we have no budget to refund visa costs or staying permit costs)
- Experienced/interested in agriculture, gardening and environmental sensitisation
- Ready to live in an intercultural context
- Ready to spend periods in a rural context
- Not having taken part in long term EVS or ESC projects (more than 59 days)
- Having driving license and feeling comfortable in driving will be appreciated, but it’s not necessary
- Speaks basic English
- Speaking Italian is appreciated but not necessary to apply
To apply, fill the online form at this link as soon as possible and send your CV with picture at [email protected] writing “EVS in Kora in agriculture” as object of the mail. Please notice that only applicants from the above-mentioned countries will be considered.
The pre-selected candidates will be invited to a skype interview.