Where: Perugia, Italy
When: from 1st February to 31st July 2020
Hosting Organisation: Associazione Kora
Hosting Organisation Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/associazionekora/
Applications deadline: 31st December 2019
Associazione Kora is currently looking for one volunteer from Erasmus+ programme countries that will support the staff members in two main fields: agriculture and gardening.
Associazione Kora is a non-profit organisation based in Central Italy. Its main topics are environmental sensitisation, interculturality and social inclusion.
Activities: The association has its office in Perugia and organises several projects in collaboration with different local realities. The volunteer will support the staff in the following activities:
- Gardening and agriculture: maintaining the vegetable garden, experimenting new ways of urban gardening, learning and promoting self-production of food as a chore for sustainable living
- Youth projects and activities about food and environmental sensitisation
- Infodesks about international opportunities at a youth centre in Perugia
- Networking with other local realities about agriculture and gardening
The volunteer will work for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with 2 consecutive free days free, plus 2 free days a month.
The volunteer will live in a flat in Perugia, the capital of Umbria region, sharing a double room, cooking together with other 4 volunteers and living in an intercultural context. The flat is at walking distance to grocery shop and public transports. During some projects the volunteers will all live in a farm on a hill above Passignano sul Trasimeno (30 km from Perugia, 20 minutes walking from the closest town), in a more rural context, and they will eat with the participants to the project.
Food and accommodation, Italian language course, health insurance and mentoring are covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme. Travel expenses will be refunded up until 275 €.
The volunteer will receive a monthly pocket money of 5 € a day and a food allowance of 120 € a month.
The ideal candidates match the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (from 1st February to 31st July 2020)
- 18-30 years old
- Resident in one of the Erasmus+ programme countries (please notice that we have no budget to refund visa costs or staying permit costs)
- Experienced/interested in agriculture, gardening and environmental sensitisation
- Ready to live in an intercultural context
- Ready to spend periods in a rural context
- Not having taken part in long term EVS or ESC projects (more than 59 days)
- Has driving license and feels comfortable in driving
- Speaks basic English
- Speaking Italian is appreciated but not necessary to apply
To apply, fill the online form at this link by 31 December 2019 and send your CV with picture at [email protected] writing “EVS in Kora in agriculture” as object of the mail. Please notice that only applicants from Erasmus+ programme countries will be considered.
The pre-selected candidates will be contacted in January and invited to a skype interview, that will be held on January 13th.