Associazione Kora is currently looking for volunteers for a 2 month EVS project that will involve 16 volunteers from EU countries. It will be held in Norcia, Italy, one of the towns that was hit most heavily by the 2016 earthquake.
The project is the continuation of other group EVS projects that Associazione Kora coordinated in Norcia in August-September 2017, July-September 2018 and February-April 2019 (more infos here).
The project is technically a long term project, lasting 65 days.
Where: Norcia, Italy
When: 15 July – 18 September 2019
Who: volunteers aged 18-30 from Erasmus+ programme countries (EU countries + the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia, Turkey) – no visa cost can be covered
Deadline to apply: 23 June 2018
NGO website: https://associazionekora.it
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/associazionekora
Project page: https://www.facebook.com/Europe4norcia/
Volunteers will work 35 hours per week, with 2 consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). The activities of the service will include:
- Activities with children, youth and elderly: English sessions, outdoor activities, artistic workshops, sports, cards game tournaments, trips…
- Workshops with disabled people about arts, crafts and physical activity
- Organisation of summer festivals about traditional food, sport, art and music
- Info-point for locals and tourists
- Network and collaborate with other local realities
The volunteers will be accommodated in container homes; they will share rooms of 3/4 people and eat together. Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have a health insurance and pocket money (120 € a month). Travel expenses will be refunded up until 275 €.
The ideal profile of the volunteer matches the following criteria:
- Resident in an Erasmus+ programme countries (EU countries + the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia, Turkey) – no visa cost can be covered
- Available for the whole duration of the project (15 July – 18 September)
- 18 – 30 years old
- Strong motivation, adaptability and enthusiasm
- Experience with kids/youth/elderly/disabled people and/or in events organisation and/or in teaching English
- Basic level of English
- Registered in European Solidarity Corps portal (if you haven’t registered yet, you can do it clicking here)
How to apply
Before applying, it is fundamental to understand that post-earthquake recovery is a complex process that requires motivation, adaptability and time. Volunteers will have the chance to see in first person how the process takes place and how the population copes with the situation; they will explore the stories of the locals and improve their daily lives by bringing their experiences, energy and culture.
The candidates will receive an answer about the selection by mail.