Where: Città della Pieve, Italy
When: from 1 July 2019 to 25 June 2020
Applications deadline: as soon as possible
Comunità di Etica Vivente is currently looking for 2 volunteers that will support the staff members in their spiritual community with agriculture tasks.
Comunità di Etica Vivente (Community of Living Ethics) is a spiritual intentional community founded in 1981 on the criteria of psychosynthesis. It is a secular, cultural, non-profit association. The Community has always dedicated itself to the development of human consciousness in the various fields of life, developing training courses on the great spiritual teachings of the 20th century and on the mature experience of group life. CEV is full member of GEN (Global Ecovillage Network) since 2015 and of Rive (Italian Network of Ecological Villages) from 2017.
The volunteer will support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Work in mediterranean permaculture/agriculture project and gardening: organic vegetable garden in summer and autumn, soil regeneration techniques, olive picking and saffron harvest in October/November, green
areas maintenance in the Community Gardens
- Participation in the projects MaestroOrto (permaculture training) and CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
- Support in the kitchen for the preparation of dishes from Italian cuisine, Mediterranean and vegetarian, with organic products from the vegetable garden
- Organisation of a music festival (september 2019)
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have a health insurance, travel reimbursement (up until 275 €), pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Volunteers will share a room in a eco-house located at walking distance from the hosting organisation, where privacy is guaranteed and where volunteers can cook their own meals.
Volunteers will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the responsible of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
Volunteers will live in a house 10 minutes walking from the shelter, on a wonderful hill covered by olive trees. They will share an apartment, cook together and live in an intercultural context.
Volunteers can walk to nearby villages, where they can find a grocery shop and public transport to reach other cities and attractions in Italy. They won’t need transport to reach their working place.
Volunteers will be asked to respect the life rules of the ecovillage, that include punctuality, no smoking in the whole area (indoor and outdoor), no alcohol abuse and no drugs.
- Available for the whole duration of the project
- 22-30 years old
- Resident in a EU country
- Interested in learning Italian
- Ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 20 minutes on foot
- Curious to experiment life in a community and cooperation
- Good time management, flexibility, patience, open-mindedness, team work
- Good level in spoken and written English
- Previous education and working experiences in communication and media are welcome but not necessary
- Driving license is welcome but not necessary
How to apply:
Infos and questions: [email protected]