Where: Perugia, Italy
When: from as soon as possible for 9 months
Hosting Organisation: Associazione Kora
Hosting Organisation Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/associazionekora/
Applications deadline: as soon as possible
Associazione Kora is currently looking for one EVS volunteer from Erasmus+ programme countries that will support the staff members in two main fields: youth activities and project management.
Associazione Kora is a non-profit organisation based in Central Italy. Its main topics are environmental sensitisation, interculturality and social inclusion.
The association has its office in Perugia and organises several projects in collaboration with different local realities:
- Youth projects about food and environmental sensitisation
- Infodesks about international opportunities at the youth centre Informagiovani di Perugia
- Post-earthquake recovery projects in Norcia, one of the towns that was most heavily struck by the 2016 earthquake
- Support to different local and international festivals and events, such as the march for equal rights “Perugia Pride”.
The volunteer will support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Promoting international opportunities with youth
- Organising intercultural events about the volunteers’ countries
- Keeping contacts with international partners
- Administrative tasks
- Writing monthly articles for the association’s blog
- Suggesting and developing new projects and ideas
The volunteer will work for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with 2 consecutive free days free, plus 2 free days a month.
The volunteer will live in a flat in Perugia, the capital of Umbria, sharing a double room, cooking together with other 5 volunteers and living in an intercultural context. The flat is at walking distance to grocery shop and public transports.
Food and accommodation, language course, health insurance and mentoring are covered by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel expenses will be refunded up until 275 €.
The volunteer will receive a monthly pocket money of 4 € a day and a food allowance of 120 € a month.
The ideal candidates match the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (from 6 April 2019 to 31 December 2019 )
- 18-30 years old
- Experienced/interested in youth activities and project management
- Ready to live in an intercultural context
- Speak basic Italian and interested in becoming fluent
- Speak basic English
To apply, fill the online form at this link as soon as possible and send your CV with picture at [email protected] writing “EVS in Kora in youth activities”. Please notice that only applicants from Erasmus+ programme countries will be accepted.
The pre-selected candidates will be invited to a skype interview.