Associazione Kora is currently looking for EU volunteers for 2 organisations that work with mentally disabled people in Italy.
- EVS in Comunità L’Arca – Il Chicco, Ciampino (Rome), from as soon as possible for 9 months
- EVS in Comunità L’Aquilone, Formia (between Rome and Naples), from as soon as possible for 6 months
The two hosting organisations are very similar: what changes most is the city where they are located and the period. Make sure to check the organisations websites to understand better what they can offer to you and which one you would like to apply for. We also suggest you to research about the cities where they are located.
Who: volunteers aged 18-30 from EU countries. Each hosting organisation has one vacancy, one EVS volunteer is already there
Deadline to apply: as soon as possible
- Artistic workshops (ceramics, music, theatre…)
- Agriculture and gardening
- Recreational activities (games, walks, visits…)
- Keeping company to disabled people (watching a film, having a chat)
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have a health insurance, travel reimbursement up until 275 €, pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Volunteers will be accommodated in apartments that are located at walking distance from the hosting organisation, where privacy is guaranteed and where volunteers can cook their own meals.
Volunteers will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the responsible of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
- 18-30 years old
- Currently living in a EU country
- Care and respect towards people with disabilities
- Basic English level
- Eager to learn Italian to communicate with disabled people
- Able to work in a team
- Past experiences with disabled people and related studies (psychology, sociology…) are welcome but not necessary
- For the specific nature of the project, and in order to keep the disabled people safe, volunteers must not have mental health issues, infectious diseases or criminal records. We will ask for health certificate and criminal records.
How to apply:
Infos and questions: [email protected]