Associazione Kora is currently looking for volunteers from France and Spain for 2 organisations that work with mentally disabled people in Italy.
- EVS in Comunità L’Arcobaleno, Granarolo Emilia (Bologna), from
1 April to 19 December 2019
- EVS in Comunità L’Aquilone, Formia (between Rome and Naples), from 1 April to 30 September 2019
The two hosting organisations are very similar: what changes most is the city where they are located and the EVS period. Make sure to check the organisations websites to understand better what they can offer to you and which one you would like to apply for. We also suggest you to research about the cities where they are located.
Who: volunteers aged 18-30 from France and Spain. Each hosting organisation will host 1 French and 1 Spanish EVS volunteer
Deadline to apply: as soon as possible
- Artistic workshops (ceramics, music, theatre…)
- Agriculture and gardening
- Recreational activities (games, walks, visits…)
- Keeping company to disabled people (watching a film, having a chat)
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have a health insurance, travel reimbursement up until 275 €, pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Volunteers will be accommodated in apartments that are located at walking distance from the hosting organisation, where privacy is guaranteed and where volunteers can cook their own meals.
Volunteers will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the responsible of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
- 18-30 years old
- Currently living in France or Spain or with French/Spanish nationality
- Care and respect towards people with disabilities
- Basic English level
- Eager to learn Italian to communicate with disabled people
- Able to work in a team
- Past experiences with disabled people and related studies (psychology, sociology…) are welcome but not necessary
- For the specific nature of the project, and in order to keep the disabled people safe, volunteers must not have mental health issues, infectious diseases or criminal records. We will ask for health certificate and criminal records.
How to apply:
Fill in the online form available clicking here and send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] as soon as possible. The pre-selected candidates will be contacted for a skype interview. Interviews will be held on February 8 for Comunità L’Aquilone – Formia and on February 11 for Comunità L’Arcobaleno – Bologna.
Infos and questions: [email protected]