Associazione Kora is currently looking for 1 partner to submit the youth exchange “One look, one culture” by October deadline.
Where: Perugia, Italy
When: Spring 2019
Duration: 8 days
Topic: The main purpose of this Youth Exchange is to spread awareness and understanding of blindness and visual impairments. Deficiencies in social education cause the exclusion of people with visual impairments from socio-cultural life. Prejudices, stereotypes and ignorance create a distance between non-disabled people and the disabled, so participants will be helped to gain skills on how to effectively help people with sight dysfunctions.
– Broadening the participants’ knowledge in the field of relating with visually impaired people. Who are they? What are they different in? How to help them in everyday life? How can we make our cultural works accessible to the blind?
– Breaking the distance and prejudice in the relationship between non-disabled and disabled people
– Intercultural integration
– Exchange of international experience in the field of the quality of social life of visually impaired people
– Building mutual empathy
– Creation of actions that pay attention to the needs of people with sight impairments and encourage openness in inter-environmental relations.
Activities: Team building activities, debates, workshops and open spaces, non formal education activities, visit to topic-related places and intercultural presentations.
Participants: 6 participants aged 18-30 from each of the 4 participating countries (3 with visual impairments and 3 non disabled); 2 group leaders for each of the 4 participating countries (32 people in total)
Accommodation: The YE will take place in a country house in Perugia, 30 minutes by foot from the city centre. The accommodation offers bedrooms, kitchen, dining room and rooms for activities. Moreover, there is a big green area all around the venue.
- Be able to send 2 group leaders + 6 participants (3 with visual impairments and 3 non disabled) for the Youth Exchange in Spring 2019
- Be active and participative in suggesting intercultural and non formal education activities
- Be able to lead some activities during the Youth Exchange
To apply as a partner organisation, please send your PIF (Partner Information Form) to [email protected] before Monday October 1 at 11 pm.
Selected partners will be informed via email.