Where: Perugia, Italy
When: from 7 August 2018 to 11 April 2019
Hosting Organisation: Associazione Kora
Hosting Organisation Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/associazionekora/
Applications deadline: as soon as possible
Associazione Kora is currently looking for a male EVS volunteer from EU programme countries that will support the staff members in two main fields: project documentation and youth activities.
Associazione Kora is a no-profit organisation based in the centre of Italy. Its main topics are international opportunities and environmental/intercultural sensitization, for a life more connected to nature and a rediscovery of our relationship with the countryside.
The association has its office in Perugia and organises several projects in collaboration with different local realities:
- Youth projects about food and environmental sensitisation in the educational farm La Buona Terra
- Infodesks about international opportunities at the youth centre Informagiovani di Perugia
- Post-earthquake recovery projects in Norcia, one of the towns that was most heavily struck by the 2016 earthquake
- Support to different local and international festivals and events, such as the medieval re-enactment “Perugia 1416”, the march for equal rights “Perugia Pride” and the chocolate festival “Eurochocolate”.
The volunteers will support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Managing international educational activities with large groups (translations, workshops, logistics)
- Developing and identifying learning paths in different local realities (networking, project design and writing)
- Involving local youth through intercultural activities and workshops (non formal education workshops, presentations about their own countries)
- Promoting the above mentioned projects through visual and web communication (flyers, website, social media, videos, pictures, interviews, newsletter).
The volunteer will work for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with 2 consecutive free days free, plus 2 free days a month.
In the first period volunteers will live in Norcia, one of the towns hit by the 2016 earthquake, where Associazione Kora is coordinating a 2 months project with 16 volunteers (you can find more infos at https://www.facebook.com/Europe4norcia/)
Starting from September, volunteers will live in a flat in Perugia, the capital of Umbria. They will share double rooms, cook together and live in an intercultural context. The flat is at walking distance to grocery shop and public transports. They will do their activities in different centres and towns according to the projects.
Food and accommodation, language course, health insurance and mentoring are covered by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel expenses will be refunded up until 275 €.
The volunteer will receive a monthly pocket money of around 120 €.
Volunteers will also take part in a video making and editing training course, run by a professional video maker. The course will take place in Norcia from 10 to 17 August 2018 and is free for the volunteers.
The ideal candidates match the following criteria:
- Available for the whole duration of the project (7 August 2018 – 11 April 2019)
- 18-30 years old
- Experienced/interested in project management and communication (including photos, videos and social media)
- Interested in learning Italian
- Ready to live in an intercultural context
- Speak basic English
You can find all infos on the project in the infopack available clicking here.