Associazione Kora is currently looking for 1 French volunteer for Comunità L’Aquilone, that works with mentally disabled people in Formia, Italy.
“Hands for Smiles” is an Erasmus+ project aiming at providing authentic inclusion to people with disability, through team work, artistic workshops (ceramics, music, theatre…), sports, agriculture and gardening, mutual relationships of trust and friendship and through the awareness of each one’s dignity and value. The final aim of the project is to build a more human society.
The project has been submitted to the Italian National Agency by Associazione Kora; results will be published on May 18.
Where: Formia, Italy (between Rome and Naples)
When: 1 July 2018 – 28 March 2019
Who: 1 French male volunteer (because he will share a room with another male volunteer) aged 18-30
Deadline to apply: as soon as possible
- Artistic workshops (ceramics, music, theatre…)
- Trips (to the beach, to the pool, to the mountains…)
- Recreational activities (games, walks, visits…)
- Keeping company to disabled people (watching a film, having a chat)
Food and accommodation will be covered by the European Commission; volunteers will have a health insurance, travel reimbursement up until 275 €, pocket money (5 euro per day) and an Italian language course. Volunteers will be accommodated in apartments that are located at walking distance from the hosting organisation, where privacy is guaranteed and where volunteers can cook their own meals.
Volunteers will work 35 hours a week with two consecutive free days per week (not always Saturday and Sunday). These hours include 1 hour for a meeting with the responsible of the activities, that coaches the volunteers on their tasks, 1 hour for a meeting with the mentor, that evaluates the volunteers’ project, satisfaction and learning process, and the Italian language course, that will take 4 hours a week for the first 2 months.
- 18-30 years old
- Male (because he will share a room with another male volunteer)
- Currently living in France or with French nationality
- Care and respect towards people with disabilities
- Basic English level
- Eager to learn Italian to communicate with disabled people
- Able to work in a team
- Past experiences with disabled people and related studies (psychology, sociology…) are welcome but not necessary
- For the specific nature of the project, and in order to keep the disabled people safe, volunteers must not have mental health issues, infectious diseases or criminal records. We will ask for health certificate and criminal records.
How to apply:
Infos and questions: [email protected]