Associazione Kora is currently looking for receiving organisations interested to host Italian volunteers for our KA1 project “Rural Europe”, to be submitted at the 26th of April deadline.
We are looking for partner in Europe willing to host Italian volunteers from our region (Umbria). Through the project we would like them to live an intercultural experience in another country and offer them the opportunity to learn and acquire skills in the field of your organisation’s activities.
When: beginning in late summer/autumn 2017, for long or short term periods.
Volunteers’ profile: 18-25 years old youngsters from Umbria, central Italy. They may be students or NEETs (“Not engaged in Education, Employment or Training”), mainly facing geographical obstacles and economic challenges. The Umbria region is mainly rural, with its economy based on agriculture and tourism. Umbria is currently struggling with the consequences of the earthquakes that recently struck central Italy in 2016.
Topic: The project will focus on rural development from different perspectives: the exchange and reflection between rural and urban contexts, and building the opportunities in rural areas and hence creating awareness about life in rural Italy, as well as providing volunteers inspiration for employment, self-employment and social development.
- Reflect on the contrast and differences between rural and urban contexts
- Stimulate a positive awareness of other cultures
- Become aware of the role each citizen has in society and how to use it according to their values
- Develop a network of organisations working on the topic of rural development, environment and natural protection, when possible based in the countryside
- Learn more about language, traditions, habits and mindset of the participating countries
- Other objectives can be added according to the partners’ profiles
- Accreditation for receiving EVS
- Based in a programme country (https://www.erasmusplus.org.uk/participating-countries)
- Willing to host 1-2 Italian volunteers starting from late summer/autumn 2017, for long or short term periods
- Able to effectively support the learning process of the volunteers
- Working in rural development and environmental issues is not necessary
To apply as a receiving organisation, please send your PIF to [email protected] before 20 April 2017.