Where: Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy
When: from 1 October 2017 to 1 April 2018
Hosting Organisation: Associazione Kora
Applications deadline: 3 September 2017
Associazione Kora is currently looking for 2 EVS volunteers (1 French and 1 Estonian) that will support the staff members in two main fields: project management and environmental activities.
Associazione Kora is a no-profit organisation based in the centre of Italy. Its main topics are international opportunities and environmental sensitization, for a life more connected to nature and a rediscovery of our relationship with the countryside.
The association has its office in an educational farm, La Buona Terra, that spreads environmental sensitisation to schools and groups through outdoor activities.
For the project “Rural Europe”, the volunteer will support the staff members in the following tasks:
- Developing and identifying learning paths in different local realities
- Managing international educational activities with large groups (for example translating during kitchen courses, school trips, workcamps)
- Involving local youth in projects around food
- Promoting the above mentioned projects through visual and web communication (flyers, website, social media, videos, pictures, newsletter)
- Participate in farm activities together with other EVS volunteers: growing vegetables, feeding animals, picking olives, making cheese…
Volunteers will live in the educational farm “La Buona Terra”, 10 minutes walking from Passignano sul Trasimeno. They will be accommodated in an eco-friendly house together with other EVS and other volunteers hosted in Passignano and will share double rooms. In total there will be 8 people sharing the house. The volunteers will cook together and live in an intercultural context.
Volunteers can walk to Passignano, where they can find grocery shop and train station to reach other cities and attractions in Italy. They won’t need transport to reach their working place. If the volunteers wish, they may also use bikes provided by Kora to reach town and travel around Trasimeno lake, the biggest lake in central Italy.
Food and accommodation, language course, health insurance and mentoring are covered by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel expenses will be refunded up until a certain budget fixed by the European Commission.
The volunteer will receive a monthly pocket money.
The candidates have to match the following criteria:
- Be available for the whole duration of the project
- Be 18-25 years old
- Be interested in project management and communication
- Be interested in learning Italian
- Be ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural area, where the closest town with facilities is at 20 minutes on foot
- Speak basic English